Today’s the day! It’s the Cocomama Recipe Contest! They will be posting all of the recipes on their Facebook page, and the one with the most likes wins. So, you should probably go there and hit the “Like” button to vote for me.
This is my first ever recipe contest, and I think I have a winner. I’m calling them “Nut Butter Monster Bars”.
And don’t they look good for their big judgment day?
- 3 3/4 c. gluten free cereal (I used Nature’s Path Honey’d Corn Flakes, but you could use Chex or rice cereal too)
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 T. butter
- 3/4 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 c. plus 1 T almond butter
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/3 c. white chocolate chips
1. In a saucepan over low/med heat, stir together honey and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Stir in nut butters, butter, and cinnamon and stir until the mixture is smooth
3. Stir in cereal (depending on the size of the cereal you may want to crunch it up a bit first)
4. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips (this would also be great with regular chocolate, and any kind of dried fruit)
5. Press mixture firmly into an 8×8 or 9×6 baking dish (I have a weird Ikea pan)
6. Put in fridge to set, then cut up into squares and freeze the ones you don’t eat right away!
I’m excited for the contest to start! You should check it out on Facebook and hit the like button for me!