Seems like there are more and more gluten free things going on in DC all the time. Here are a few that I’m excited about!
1. Whole Foods and Cleveland Park Wines are now carrying New Planet beer
Cleveland Park Wines has the best selection of gluten free beer, and as far as I know they’re the only place in the city that carries the Off Grid New Planet beer and Estrella Damm Daura. Lucky for me it’s right by my apartment. They also sell New Planet for $1-2 cheaper than Whole Foods, at $9.49 for a six pack.
2. FUEL Pizza opens on K Street, offering gluten free pizza
3. Whole Foods P Street is hosting gluten free tours on January 31st (1-2pm and 4:30-5:30pm)
Considering I’m at this Whole Foods about four times a week, I don’t think I really need a tour. But I may make an appearance to meet some other people in the DC gfree community.
4. Science Club serves delicious gluten free fries with homemade mayo
In my book, homemade mayonnaise is newsworthy. Science Club in Dupont has really delicious crunchy fries made in a dedicated fryer.They also have $5 glasses of wine for happy hour.
5. There will be lots of gluten free baked goods at the next DC Grey Market
Anything else going on lately in DC gluten free news?