It seems like everything is coming up gluten free these days. Like this pizza from Faccia Luna in Alexandria. Here are some exciting gluten free events and food coming to DC:
1. Tabula Rasa on Barracks Row will be hosting a gluten free biergarden event to benefit the Celiac Disease Foundation
Talk about a fundraiser I can get behind! Five gluten free beers and snacks, with all proceeds going to a good cause. October 5th from 6-10 pm.
2. Dough Bakery’s first pop-up stand
There will be gluten free pop tarts. Enough said. Go there! Saturday, September 21st and Sunday, October 3rd from 11:00am to 3:00pm at 731 8th St SE, Washington DC.
3. Urbana just debuted three gluten free pizzas last weekend
Finally, gluten free pizza in Dupont! While it’s not on their online menu yet, Eater reported that they are now serving margherita, quattro stagioni, and funghi pizza for an extra $2. You can view their new menu on Scribd.
4. Custom Fuel offers do-it-yourself gluten free pizza
You choose your cheese and toppings and they will slap them on top of a gluten free crust and bake it while you wait. You’ll have to pay an extra $2.50 for it, but it sure beats a frozen one!
5. One of my favorite restaurants, Lincoln, now has a gluten free menu
While there aren’t a ton of gluten free substitute meals (like pasta or bread) – you will not be disappointed getting shrimp and grits and their famous kale salad.
What did I miss? Anything else gluten free going on in the district?